Monday, December 7, 2015

Stockpiling for the Winter

It has been unseasonably warm here lately - and given that I'm in Western New York, just below the Great Lakes, it's only a matter of time before the other shoe drops, and given the current warmth, the "other shoe" will be an iron-shod boot dropped from orbit.  Last year this time much of this region was digging out from under a six-foot snowfall.  So I've been taking advantage of the warm weather to get as much assembly and priming done as possible in preparation for the Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge, which begins December 20th (just 14 days away!).  I believe I've hit the limit of what I can do for right now; Gina and I agreed to do a "spending freeze" for the month of December; neither one of us can spend money on our hobbies right now to take care of buying presents for others.  So anything else I want to buy - including more miniatures, bases, etc - has to wait until January 1st.

In the meantime, I have 42 individual 28mm figures on foot and a small diorama piece to keep me busy; these include two full warbands for Frostgrave plus additional figures that can be swapped in and out for both of them, a couple miscellaneous figures, plus my entries in the first two Bonus Rounds, "Nostalgia" and "Epic Fail."

Here's a group shot of everyone assembled, primed, and ready for December 20th:


6 comments:

  1. Best of luck in the challenge Bill and I do hope the winter isn't too hard, not sure we would cope with 6' of snow here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly, Michael! For us, 6' of snow means a call from the boss: "You're still coming in today, right?"

      Delete
  2. What a cracking array of very characterful minis, Bill. I can see me picking up quite a few new additions following this blog, as I don't recognise half of them. Wonderful stuff, and get prep :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Blax, let me know if there's any in particular you want identified - this is a mix of Brigade Games, Pulp Figures, Reaper Miniatures and Wargames Factory plastics.

      Delete
  3. Looking like a good start Bill. Thanks for following my blog, I have followed you back and added you to my feed reader. I'll try to remember to update my blog roll so that your posts show up there as well.

    ReplyDelete