Wednesday, December 23, 2015

I Want to Be...Under the Sea...

Now that they've been up on the Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge blog for more than 24 hours, I'm free to post the first few miniatures I've painted here at my home blog.  These are two of Brigade Games' 28mm Deep Sea Divers/Treasure Hunters, affixed to 25mm round bases from Renedra and based with Army Painter-brand basing grit.  The kelp is a few leaves snipped from some aquarium decor I'd bought for terrain purposes, given a rough and heavy drybrush of citron green to make it look a little less plastic-y before supergluing it to the base.  Paints used were craft store acrylics, primarily Folk Art brand.








Photos were taken on my dining room table, which currently doubles as my workspace, pretty much as soon as the varnish was dry.

3 comments:

  1. A lovely start and a very Happy Christmas to you Bill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are very nice indeed Bill, and very atmospheric basing too. I like these a lot and am looking forward to the others in this range you'll be doing for thee Aquatic Themed Round.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool idea and I think you have pulled it off very nicely. Well done sir.

    ReplyDelete